On this week’s episode, Aziz & Mariyah tell us how they were able to leverage their T4 income to grow their portfolio, which eventually expanded into private lending! They saved a bit of space on their busy schedule to be able to join us today, which just goes to show how true real estate investors will make time to get the needle moving! It’s all passion, day and night!
In this episode, we cover:
- From an expat position following the traditional model (study, work, become a lawyer or a doctor), they realized that financial freedom would take longer than they intended… so they decided to accelerate.
- The biggest issue when beginners buy their first property is how much hesitation on numbers they have. So… how did they get their level of confidence?
- We all know it’s quite difficult to do a perfect BRRR nowadays, but this lovely couple was able to.
- When they joined a real estate investment group, they discovered the amount of networking that could help their business, which gave them an even higher level of confidence which ultimately made them pull the trigger on another 3 properties!
- Their company has around 3 buckets: one is buy and hold, the second one is private lending, and the third one: is flips!
- A very important message that they highlighted: mental health when you have a full-time job is highly underrated. Anxiety in these cases may lead you to make decisions that might not be the best.
About Aziz and Mariyah:
Aziz and Mariyah, along with being fantastic parents and role models for their two kids, are successful Canadian real estate investors.
They are the founders of MAK Investments, a private real estate investment firm that was founded in 2019 by Aziz and Mariyah Kaderbhai. They are a for-purpose family-run business with the intent to invest in real estate to create generational wealth that will be redeployed to serve the greater good of society.
Connect with Danielle Chiasson:
Book in a call: https://calendly.com/strategicsuccess/lets-get-real-estate-20-min-chat
Listen in and subscribe for more.
You can also leave us a review and of course, don’t forget to share. I’m sure there are real people in your network who can take advantage of what they’re going to learn from the show.