This week, our Sweet guest Laurie walks us through her journey investing in Real Estate as a senior, and what the stigma for “silver haired investors” looks like. People’s limiting beliefs did NOT hold her back! She talks to us in detail about what it took her to get where she is today, and how other seniors can do so too!
In this episode…
- We cover how Laurie got started in Real Estate without any prior experience; abandoning her decent salary job in order to pursue investing through her pensions!
- “You have to trust, that from the power of necessity, you will always find a way” we, as human beings, are innate survivors! Whenever we find ourselves in a tough spot, we know how to get out of it. When it comes to investing, it’s important to understand the risk… and take it anyway!
- Laurie tells us about her passion for helping people, getting out there and spreading her knowledge in order to help other people reach financial freedom.
- We cover Laurie’s weekly meetings for “silver haired investors”, where they talk about a number of challenges they face in the industry and help support each other. She offers creative ways to step into the game in a safe way!
- Laurie gives her advice on how to overcome challenges that may arise through deals and qualifying for a mortgage.
About Laurie May Peroff:
You might say Laurie May Peroff is living the Sweet life! In 2014, Laurie May started her first business. Sweet Suite Home Inc provides rental properties, suites, and condos in Calgary and Edmonton. The Sweet theme would continue when a few years later, Laurie May started Sweet Suite Home Builds Inc to partner with builders and flippers across Canada to build or renovate homes. Laurie May started the Silver Hair Investors Team (#SHIT) to encourage men and women 50 and older to be active and knowledgeable real estate investors.
Connect with Laurie May Peroff:
Website: https://sshbuilds.com / www.moredoorscapital.ca
Connect with Danielle Chiasson:
Book in a call: https://calendly.com/strategicsuccess/lets-get-real-estate-20-min-chat
Please check out our other episodes here: https://letsgetrealestatepodcast.com/