Having financial freedom earlier in life is what every investor hopes to achieve. While you see many investors reaching that goal and it look easy enough for you, it actually is not. Investor Mel and Dave Dupuis talk about the strategies they used to get to where they are now and the importance of having the right team to back you up.
In this episode, we cover:
- Mel and Dave Dupuis take the time to share the importance of working with a team in their successes. They acknowledge their need for employees and contract workers. They don’t believe in self-made millionaires
- The first valuable person that they brought in to help them manage their properties. Mel and Dave trained an in-house property manager and showed him how they wanted things done.
- Mel and Dave talk about doable strategies that they did to be successful real estate investors. They also recounted the challenges they overcame along the way.
- Mel and Dave share the importance of having an exit strategy and doing your due diligence. They said it was a game-changer for them when they met with a disinterested owner.
- The exit strategy they used with a particular seller financing deal.
- Promissory notes and raising registered funds. Mel and Dave started with owner financing but they also mention that there are lenders out there that are always looking for deals. Always look for win-win deals.
- Mel and Dave’s advice for new real estate investors who are having difficulties pitching their ideas to lenders.
Resources and links mentioned:
Mel & Dave Family Mentoring Program: https://investormeldave.com/mentorship-programs/
About Mel and Dave Dupuis:
Mel and Dave are known as The Investor Couple. They have over 20 years of combined experience in real estate investing and they have managed over 200 doors. They have experience in multi-family real estate investing, commercial real estate, and property management. They are now focused on mentorship programs to educate more people and share their enthusiasm for real estate investing.
Connect with Mel and Dave Dupuis:
Connect with Danielle Chiasson:
Investor Portal and Website: https://engineeredreturnsinc.com/index.html
Listen in and subscribe for more.
You can also leave us a review and of course, don’t forget to share. I’m sure there are real people in your network who can take advantage of what they’re going to learn from the show.